IF YOU ARE VOLUNTEERING ON SUNDAY, MAY 19, 2019:
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 30 minutes before your designated shift time. If you signed up for an all day shift, check in begins at 6:30am. When you arrive, check-in at the Volunteer Check-In booth located on the north side of Manhattan Beach Blvd west of Manhattan Ave. toward the bottom of the hill.
- Parking: We strongly encourage carpooling and/or being dropped off. If you come via taxi, Uber, or Lyft, Manhattan Beach Police require that you get dropped off at the northeast corner of Valley Drive & Manhattan Beach Blvd in Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Walk down Manhattan Beach Blvd towards the ocean and you will find our event. Drivers attempting to drop off passengers closer to our event may be ticketed by police.
- Free Parking: Is available at 1300 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach in the lot next to the Kinecta Federal Credit Union. A complimentary shuttle bus will be providing transportation to and from the event between 5 am and 4 pm. It will return you to the volunteer parking area after the event. The shuttle stop and volunteer drop off location will be located on Valley Drive and Manhattan Beach Blvd. (At the Vons Parking Lot) Drivers attempting to drop off passengers closer to our event may be ticketed by police.
- Paid General Parking: In addition to metered street parking, there are many public parking lots in the Downtown Manhattan Beach area. The closest public lots are along Bayview Drive and 12th Street. Metlox Plaza also has parking in an underground garage off of Morningside Drive. Most parking spaces are 2-hour metered parking from 9 am to 8 pm seven days a week. You must move your car after your metered time is up. Parking enforcement officers will chalk your tires and issue tickets if you exceed the maximum parking time. Meter prices range somewhere around $1.50 an hour. Please be sure to read all posted parking signs. If you park in a lot where there is an attendant please confirm that you are in a 2-hour (or longer) metered space. Most meters take credit cards but bring change just in case.
- What You Will Be Doing: Volunteer assignments will be provided at the volunteer booth when you check in. Assignments will include registration, handing out goodie bags, valeting bikes and assisting riders, passing out items, watching over the kids zone, wiping down bikes, handing out towels and water bottles, directing foot traffic, selling raffle tickets, and several other important tasks.
- What You Should Wear: All volunteers will be provided with a t-shirt to identify you throughout the event. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes. This is an outdoor event, so shade will be limited. Please wear a hat, sunglasses, and most importantly sunscreen!
- Refreshments: Water and light snacks will be available. There are lots of restaurants and sandwich shops right next to the event if you want to purchase food. Let your team captain know if you need to temporarily leave your assigned post so that we can cover your spot until you return. We ask that large groups do not all leave at the same time – we need to fill each post throughout the entire event.
- Volunteer Acknowledgement: Signed service letters will be provided at the end of your shift upon request. If you are UNDER 18: Please have your parent or guardian sign a waiver form at volunteer check in. Service letters cannot be given without the waiver.
- Bring A Friend: We still need more volunteers! Invite your friends to sign up on www.tourdepier.com or even bring them on the event day.
THANK YOU again for your commitment and time! If you have any questions, please email Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nathaly at Volunteer@pancreatic.org. In case of an emergency on the day of Tour De Pier please call Nathaly at 323-646-9676 or Kelly at 310-413-3930