IF YOU ARE VOLUNTEERING ON SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2019 FOR SET UP:
Arrival Time: Please arrive 30 minutes before your designated shift and check-in. The check-in will be located on the north side of Manhattan Beach Blvd west of Manhattan Ave. toward the bottom of the hill.
- Parking: We strongly encourage carpooling and/or being dropped off at the corner of Manhattan Beach Blvd. and Manhattan Ave.
- Paid General Parking: In addition to metered street parking, there are many public parking lots in the Downtown Manhattan Beach area. The closest public lots are along Bayview Drive and 12th Street. Metlox Plaza also has parking in an underground garage off of Morningside Drive. Most parking spaces are 2 hour metered parking from 8 am to 9 pm seven days a week. Meter prices range somewhere around $1.50 an hour. Please be sure to read all posted parking signs. If you park in a lot where there is an attendant please confirm that you are in a 2 hour (or longer) metered space. Most meters take credit cards, but bring change just in case.
- What Will You Be Doing: Unloading and labeling bikes, setting up signs, covering bikes, filling water bottles, and more.
- What Should You Wear: Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes that can get dirty. This is an outdoor event, so shade will be limited. Please wear a hat, sunglasses, and most importantly sunscreen!
- Refreshments: Water and light snacks will be available. There are lots of restaurants and sandwich shops right next to the event if you want to purchase food.
- Volunteer Acknowledgement:Signed service letters will be provided at the end of your shift upon request. If you are UNDER 18: Please have your parent or guardian sign a waiver form at volunteer check in. Service letters cannot be given without the waiver.
- Bring a Friend: We still need more volunteers! Invite your friends to sign up on www.tourdepier.com or bring them on the event day.
THANK YOU again for your commitment and time! If you have any questions, please email Kelly at email@example.com or Nathaly at Volunteer@pancreatic.org. In case of an emergency on the day of Tour De Pier please call Nathaly at 323-646-9676 or Kelly at 310-413-3930